Founder & Principal
I'm David Weaver. I've spent my entire career serving not merely businesses, but business owners and entrepreneurs. Unlike representing an institutional business, my focus has always been the people who take the risks, who have put their heart, soul, everything into starting and growing their vision.
Business owners and entrepreneurs deserve more than technical legal expertise - that should be "table stakes" in this game. Business owners and entrepreneurs deserve advisers who can see their needs and goals strategically and holistically when applying their expertise. They need advisers who know, whether their business is big or small, it's everything.
After years as a partner in a sophisticated regional business law firm, I spent over a decade on the business side in a leading consumer financial firm at HQ and nationally. Few have experienced the range of opportunities I have had to serve clients directly, develop strategies and products, and train thousands in how to best serve business owners and their interests. Now I'm gladly back to serving entrepreneurs, while being an entrepreneur myself.
Legal & Professional Background
- Marketing Attorney; Advanced Technical Specialist (Director), Edward Jones, St Louis MO, 2001 - 2014
- Health Care entrepreneur, 2000 - 2001
- Principal, Suelthaus & Walsh, PC (Now Polsinelli), St Louis MO 1993 - 2000
- Associate, Blumenfeld, Kaplan & Sandweiss, PC, St Louis MO 1991 - 1993
- Associate, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, PC, St Louis MO 1989 - 1991
- Judicial Clerk, The Honorable Robert Crist, Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District, St Louis MO 1988 - 1989
Professional Licenses & Assn.
- Missouri Bar #35563, 1989
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1990
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St Louis
- Competitive Strategies, Edward Jones/Harvard Business School Executive Education 2004-2005
- Drucker Management, Edward Jones/Claremont Graduate University – Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management 2005
- Industry Perspective Speaker, SIFMA Retirement Conference, 2005
- Over 700 presentations and broadcasts (including CLE and CPE) nationwide on retirement, business, and financial planning strategies
- Numerous publications and whitepapers on legal, business, and financial planning strategies
- Serving with the Badge, Board Member, Chair, 2017
- Prison Performing Arts, Board Member, Past VP, Past Secretary, Past Board Development Chair, 2008 - 2017
- Mizzou Tiger Club, Board Member, 2011 - Present
- Mizzou Alumni Association, St Louis Chapter, Board Member August 2011 – August 2015; Advisory Council, August 2015 - Present
- President, St Louis Friends of the National Children's Cancer Society, 1997 - 1998
- JD, University of Missouri School of Law, Columbia MO, 1988
- AB, Biological Sciences (concentrations in Chemistry, Math, and Business), University of Missouri, Columbia MO, 1985